Founded over 30 years ago, Chas Stewart Plumbing & Heating Engineers is a local, well established plumbing and heating engineers with the Head Office located in central Perth. Founded in 1978, our engineers operate throughout the whole of Perthshire, the Central Belt and all areas of Fife.
We are Gas Safe registered, OFTEC registered and SNIPEF registered in addition to being Gold Accredited Worcester Bosch partners. We are qualified to work with Gas, Oil and LPG and also commercial catering equipment.
Our services including general plumbing work and emergency repairs, bathroom installation, refurbishment, boiler installation, maintenance and repair, landlords certificates, heating installation maintenance and repair. We are also experienced in design and installation for new build properties and commercial repair and maintenance contracts.
We are a Worcester Bosch Gold Accredited Installer.
Commercial Gas Qualified
Are you a business that requires equipment installed, maintained or repaired? Is the equipment regularly serviced in line with regulations? We're qualified to do commercial gas work. If you're a restaurant, hotel, takeaway etc contact us...
- improve radiator performance & heat output
- extend the life of the boiler
- avoid costly repairs, breakdowns & call-out charges
- validate the boiler warranty
- reduce fuel bills & save money
Click here to have Powerflushing simply explained....or contact us!
Prepare for the winter ahead
At this time of year it’s always better to be plan ahead - rather be safe than sorry! We’ve pulled together some key activities for you to bear in mind for over the winter season:
- Regular servicing – employ a Gas Safe registered engineer (which we are!) to service your boiler at least once every 12 months. This should identify any potential faults which could lead to a system malfunction and leave you ‘out in the cold” indoors so-to-speak! Plus, many boiler manufacturers will only uphold a guarantee on the system if you have the boiler annually serviced by an appropriately qualified engineer
- Insulate pipework – to avoid boiler malfunction, it’s advisable to insulate any pipework that’s exposed (even in loft space) and this includes condensate drain and cold/hot pipework
- Fit a magnetic filter – a filter system will retain any debris and ferrous material that accumulates in your heating system over time. Sediment could have settled due to the heating side of the system not being in operation over the spring/summer months. A magnetic filter should be used to not only loosen sediment but effectively collect it as well. Currently, as we are a Worcester Bosch Gold Accredited Installer, we can offer up to a 10 year guarantee on certain Worcester boilers if fitted with certain additional Worcester Bosch components. This is an additional 8 years over a normal Worcester guarantee!
- Check your radiators – make sure that you bleed your radiators in your property (especially those at the highest points of your system) and ensure that when the system is on, heat is being distributed evenly across the surface of the radiator. Fit a programmable room thermostat to operate the system effectively in cold weather, this will give a more substantial control that will react to temperature AND time rather than just time. If you’d like a quote then give us a call on 01738 627701
- Monitor the pressure – sealed central heating systems should maintain the same pressure which is usually between 1-1.5 Bar. If you find that your system is experiencing a drop in pressure and you have to recharge the system then you have a leak somewhere. If there are no obvious signs of a leak then contact us to resolve the problem.